The text I am about to post after this is my reponse to this article. Enjoy.
Gun policy has been a very contentious issue in recent years, especially in the light of the incidents at Sandy Hook and Aurora. As a result Obama has made some key proposals:
- Reintroduce an expired ban on “military-style” assault weapons
- Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds
- Background checks on all gun sales
- Ban on possession and sale of armour-piercing bullets
- Harsher penalties for gun-traffickers, especially unlicensed dealers who buy arms for criminals
- Approve the appointment of the head of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Here are some statistics on guns in America which sparked Obama’s desire to propose such changes”
- 9,960 people were killed by a gun in the USA in 2010, a rate of 3.2 per 100,000 people.
- They have the 26th highest death rate by guns annually in the world
- Gun ownership is declining – In 1990 46% of households and 29% of individuals said…
View original post 85 more words